Honest Soul Yoga specializes in flexible, module-based training programs for varying experience levels.
To deepen your practice, click here.
To learn how to teach yoga, click here.
To advance your teaching, click here.
If you want to explore yoga on a deeper level without committing to a full teacher training program the Seeking Soul program is designed just for you!
The 45-hour Seeking Soul program includes Honest Soul Yoga’s Immersion into the Philosophy and Lifestyle of Yoga module and the Anatomy & Energetic Body module.
In these programs you will be introduced to yoga philosophy, human physiology, subtle body anatomy and so much more.
The benefits of completing the Seeking Soul program include:
- Refine your alignment for your unique body so you never have to wonder “am I doing this right?” in class again.
- Apply practical yoga tools and techniques to your daily schedule without having to put on your yoga pants and roll out your mat.
- Meet like-minded, life-long friends.
- Implement strategies for finding more calm in your busy life.
- Get acquainted with your body and how it moves so you can better understand your own potential pain patterns and prevent future injuries.
You’ll leave this program with a certificate of completion, a better understanding about why you practice yoga, and more confidence in yourself as you continue on your yoga journey.
Seeking Soul program cost is $765. To get this bundled price, click here before signing up for a specific module. The modules can be taken in any order within one year of your enrollment.
Everyone who completes Seeking Soul is eligible to continue to the Transformed Soul Teacher Training Program to receive a Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
Honest Soul Yoga’s Transformed Soul 200-hour Teacher Training program provides real teaching experience in a supportive, encouraging, and flexible environment. Our goal is to equip you with practical, modern teaching tools so you can become a confident and skilled yoga teacher. In our program you will grow stronger physically, mentally, and emotionally and transform your relationship with yourself and with this ancient practice.
Our graduates have gone on to become your favorite teachers at HSY, opened yoga studios of their own, teach nationally and internationally, and started programs in their churches, community centers, and with specialized populations.
We guarantee that you will feel 100% ready to walk into your first yoga teacher demo and rock it upon graduation from our program and we support our community of teachers for life, even when you move away!
We are known for our innovative and flexible module-based program, making it easier for you to fit this program into your already busy life. We love supporting the military community (our owner is a vet herself!) and work closely with all our trainees to ensure your success.
Honest Soul Yoga’s Transformed Soul Teacher Training is an approved Yoga Alliance Teacher Training program.
To schedule an interview, email us!
Transformed Soul Teacher Training is broken into modules to be completed at your own pace in six to eighteen months.
We offer flexibility with the order of the program. Please contact Training Center Director Ashley Zuberi to schedule an interview and discuss your schedule.
Seeking Soul Program
Immersion into the Philosophy and Lifestyle of Yoga
Deepen your personal yoga practice in this 3-day Immersion into yogic living. Get ready for an empowering and transformational weekend of practice, learning, self-study, and community. In this module you will:
- Practice yoga
- Create your own personal yoga practice plan
- Learn about the history of yoga
- Get acquainted with basic yoga philosophy
- And so much more!
Alignment, Anatomy & the Subtle Body
Transform your yoga posture practice with the principles of alignment, anatomy and the subtle body! In this program, you’ll:
- Find your own personal alignment in common yoga postures
- Get to know your entire body, inside & out
- Learn a new language that helps you better manage your own health and well-being
- Better understand the inner workings of your mind
- Access a whole new layer of yourself you never knew you had
Breaking Down the Flow :: Teaching Methodologies I
Gain the confidence you need to guide a classroom full of eager students with the foundations of teaching yoga. In this module you’ll:
- Understand the basics of a Vinyasa Yoga class
- Learn how to transition from one pose to the next
- Learn how to cue your students into yoga posture and the art of language
- Learn how to empower your students to find their own alignment
- Practice, practice, practice!
Taking the Seat of the Teacher
Teaching yoga requires more than just showing up. As a yoga teacher you are viewed as a leader by your students. In this module we’ll teach you how to stand in your power and confidently manage your classroom to create the best yoga experience you can. In this module you’ll:
- Gain confidence in physically assisting and adjusting students
- Understand how to read body language
- Learn how to use props in a yoga class
- Develop global awareness of the classroom
- Understand how to manage a room
- Learn how to confidently connect with your students
Teaching Techniques & Tools :: Teaching Methodologies II
Now that you have some teaching experience under your belt, it’s time to turn it up a notch. Harness the power of teaching tools to become the best yoga teacher you can be. In this module you’ll:
- Master transitions from one posture to the next
- Experiment with your own creative, intuitive, and authentic teaching style
- Practice, practice, practice!
Introduction to Sequencing :: Teaching Methodologies III
Build upon the foundational skills you learned in the previous modules to create your own safe, fun yoga classes. In this module you’ll:
- Master the basics of sequencing
- Sequence your own unique, safe, well-rounded yoga class
- Build your cueing vocabulary as you lead students confidently and smoothly into and out of yoga postures
- Practice, practice, practice!
Yoga Business & Branding
It’s no secret that there are A LOT of yoga teachers. How do you stand out from the crowd and get your name out there? How do you succeed in a crowded market? Being a yoga teacher is not all rainbows and unicorns! There are serious ethical considerations as well as an important business skill set required (but not normally taught in 200-hour yoga teacher trainings). We’ve got you covered! In this module, you’ll learn:
- Different ways to work as a yoga teacher
- How to get your first teaching gig
- How to write a business plan for your yoga business
- How to open your own studio
- Ethical guidelines for setting boundaries around the student/teacher relationship
- Your own personal yoga teacher secret sauce
- Who you want to teach and serve and how to find them
- Marketing tools to help you grow your following
- The necessary elements for teaching a successful workshop
Additional Requirements & Practicum
- Program Orientation
- Consistent personal yoga practice (40 classes)
- 6 group Mentorship Sessions
- Class observations
- Participation in Beginner Essentials and Transform Essentials
- Participation in special-topic studio Study Groups
- Yoga Explorations
- One-on-one program graduation mentorship
- Design and lead a 60-minute Vinyasa Flow Class
- Develop and lead a workshop
- Write and submit your yoga bio
We offer flexibility with our Program Pricing.
Pay in full $3325 to save over $500 or pay as you go, per module.
Military Discount of 5% offered on both paid in full and per module price. Contact us for payment arrangements.
The HSY teaching philosophy
We believe yoga is for every body. There is no right or wrong way to think about or teach yoga. Our Yoga Alliance-approved program will prepare you to teach empowering all-levels yoga classes, with an emphasis on Vinyasa Flow. To us, teaching yoga is about sharing healthy habits, challenging and supporting your students to be the best versions of themselves, and building community.
Our program is not easy! It is designed to challenge you and get you out of your comfort zone in a supportive environment to help you feel confident not only leading a yoga class, but potentially developing a fulfilling – and full-time – career as a yoga teacher. All hours must be completed in order to receive graduation certificate and be approved through Yoga Alliance.
“Honest Soul Yoga was the perfect place for my 200 Yoga teacher training. It was an intense program but definitely a transformative program! Every effort and experience was well worth the investment. Suzie Mills provides more than just your average teacher training program provides, specifically with individual support, guest instructors, special events, resources on and off the mat, hands on experience, assisting, mentorships, continued teacher training opportunities learning more and so much more. Most importantly, the studio welcomes you to the yoga community of experienced teachers and fellow yogi students to learn and grow together as a network of great yogi professionals. It’s a great home-town studio that offers an opportunity for change personally and to the entire community. This is a studio you want to be a part of, they are going places and doing great things every day.” – Elizabeth S., Yoga Alliance
Honest Soul Yoga has partnered with Debbie Williamson of Wild Abundant Life to offer 300/500 HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training! Wild Abundant Life will be offering the full program for our community – 8 different modules designed to expand your options as a yoga teacher and wellness professional.
300/500 HR Program Modules:
- Sep 30-Oct 2: Certified Teachers Assistant Training (Hands On Assisting)
- Nov 18-20: Yoga Personal Training Certification
- Feb 24-26, 2017: 3-Day Advanced Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
- April 21-23, 2017: Yoga as Medicine Weekend
- July 28-30, 2017: Yoga Life Coaching Certification
- July 31-Aug 6, 2017: 7-Day Transformation Retreat
Note: 7-Day Transformation Retreat is offered only in Hawaii, Wisconsin & Virginia.
300/500 HR Program Pricing:
Sign up in advance and pay in full for only $3990 (by March 29, 2016), or $4390 with an 8 month payment plan. Full price of a la carte modules is $7590, so we encourage you to commit early to get these HUGE savings.
If you have already completed one of the modules, we will deduct your payment for that module from the payment plan or pay-in-full option to get to the discounted price.
Register for 300/500 HR Program:
Go to www.wildabundantlife.com/washington-dc to download the 300/500 HR catalog for info on single modules or the full program and pricing options.
Questions? Reach out to Kellie Lin at Wild Abundant Life (email@example.com or 617-435-8683). Kellie Lin will handle registration and payments as well as any logistics.
Our Training Center is rapidly becoming DC’s premiere location for Yoga Teacher Training! In addition to flexible 200 Hour and 300/500 Hour Teacher Training programs, Honest Soul Yoga’s Continuing Education program consists of personal development opportunities for students and teachers of yoga in a convenient and accessible location. Sample offerings include Therapy Ball Training, Kids Yoga Teacher Training, Wellness and Energy Work (Reiki), and Yoga Alliance CE opportunities for current yoga instructors looking to advance their teaching.
The majority of the 200 Hr program is led by Suzie Mills E-RYT 500. Suzie believes in preparing teacher trainees to build a career not simply teach a yoga class. Have big goals – like opening your own studio? Suzie loves teaching the business of yoga and aspects of building a career in yoga.
The 300/500 Hr program is led by Wild Abundant Life Teachers to include Debbie Williamson and Suzie Mills.
How do I apply?
For our 200 Hr program, Suzie loves to meet with each potential trainee to learn more about who you are, what your goals are and to make sure you feel comfortable with her – since you’ll be spending a lot of time with her! It’s an informational meeting with coffee or tea – at Peet’s or the studio – where you can ask any questions you might have. Don’t think of this as an interview, but a way to make sure we are the right fit for each other, which is most important when choosing a teacher training. She recommends researching ALL yoga studios in area to find the best fit for YOU!
For our 300/500 HR program, simply register for any one of the eight required modules individually, as they fit, or purchase the entire program in advance. Every one of our 300/500 hour modules exists as a stand-alone program and can be attended by anyone with interest, as well as by yoga teachers pursuing advanced 300/500 credentials.
What does 300/500 HR mean?
Any 200 Hour Program (with a Registered Yoga School) + any 300 Hour Program (with the same or a different RYS) = 500 Hours of Curriculum. Once you have registered both your 200 and 300 Hour Certifications with the Yoga Alliance (as well as taught the required number of hours), you will be prompted to upgrade from 200 to 500 in the Yoga Alliance Website.
What supplies will I need?
- Yoga Toolbox for Teachers
- Journey into Power – Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Personal Revolution – Baron Baptiste
- The Yamas and Niyamas – Deborah Adele
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga – David Keil
- 500 3×5 Note Cards with storage box
- Highlighters and Pens
- Note Tab Dividers (Binder will be provided)
What Benefits/Perks are Included in HSY’s 200 Hr Program?
Besides being part of our awesome group of teacher trainees, you get a lot!
- Three months of free UNLIMITED Yoga (consecutive months) that can be activated at any time during your program, once paid in full. Discounted Unlimited rate of $75/mo is available while enrolled in the 200 Hr program.
- Opportunity to return to any module as an assistant to Suzie – this will allow you to repeat the module, but also work behind the scenes! This is great if you want to learn more on developing programs and possibility leading programs in the future.
- We want YOU to come back to our program at any time. Suzie constantly adds new things that she learns to the program and personally invites you to repeat any 200 Hr module – UNLIMITED. Her intention with inviting you back is to continue to elevate our teaching community and keep students in the process of learning. We are always students!
- Invitation to mini-modules: throughout Teacher Training Modules, we host mini-modules that are open to any current and former members of the program. These are 1-6 hrs mini-modules on a specialty.
- Lifetime access to private Facebook Group – this is our knowledge bank where everything is stored for Teacher Training and is constantly updated. This is also a place to grow your network and connect with trainees throughout the program.
What are the requirements for graduation?
HSY’s 200 Hr Program:
In addition to completing the seven Modules, Mentorship Sessions, Practicum Requirements, there are a few other requirements that must be completed prior to graduation. More details on each will be provided during your informational meeting with Suzie.
- Design and Lead a 60 minute yoga class.
- Develop and Lead a 60 minute workshop.
- Take 40 hours of classes at any studio.
- Complete approximately 35 hours of projects and interactive assignments throughout the program.
WAL’s 300/500 HR Program:
In addition to attending Modules 1-7 and one 7-Day Transformation Retreat to become RYT 500, you will need to:
- Have completed RYS 200 HR training.
- Teach for 100 hours upon completion of 200-hour training.