We offer 200 Hour and 300/500 Hour, Practitioner & Continuing Education Programs
Honest Soul Yoga’s 200 Hour program consists of seven modules plus mentorship sessions and 70 hours of additional requirements. Learn more.
Honest Soul Yoga’s 300/500 Hour program is in partnership with Wild Abundant Life. Stay tuned for exciting news on this program soon! Learn more.
Honest Soul Yoga’s Practitioner program consists of two modules, it’s perfect for students who want to explore yoga on a deeper level without committing to a full teacher training program. Learn more.
Honest Soul Yoga’s Continuing Education program consists of personal development opportunities for students and teachers of yoga in a convenient and accessible location. Sample offerings include Therapy Ball Training, Kids Yoga Teacher Training, Wellness and Energy Work (Reiki), and Yoga Alliance CE opportunities for current yoga instructors looking to advance their teaching. Learn more.
200 Hour & Practitioner Program Modules:
Our program is broken into modules to be completed at your own pace – in six to eighteen months.
We offer flexibility with the order of the program. Please contact Program Director Suzie Mills to schedule an interview and discuss your schedule.
- Module 1: Immersion into the Philosophy and Lifestyle of Yoga* || $595
- Module 2: Anatomy and Energetic Body* || $865
- Module 3: Teaching Methodology and Techniques I || $865
- Module 4: Teaching Methodology and Techniques II || $865
- Module 5: Business and Ethics of Teaching Yoga || $115
- Module 6: Branding and Marketing as Yoga Teachers || $115
- Module 7: Assisting || $399
- Mentorship Sessions: Applying Teaching Skills (Must Attend a Minimum of Four)
- *Practitioner Track: Immersion & Anatomy Module Bundle || $999
- Develop and Lead a 60 Minute Workshop
- Design and Lead a 60 Minute Vinyasa Flow Class
- Approximately 75 hours of Additional Requirements
Interested in learning more about yoga but don’t want to teach? This program is designed for students just like you! You will be introduced to yoga philosophy, human physiology, subtle body anatomy and so much more.
This program consists of the Immersion and Anatomy Modules. You will leave with a certificate of completion, a better understanding about why you practice yoga, and more confidence in yourself as you continue on your yoga journey. Everyone who completes the Practitioner Track is eligible to continue on in our 200 Hour Program to receive a Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
We offer flexibility with our Program Pricing.
Pay in full $3325 to save over $500 or pay as you go, per module.
Military Discount of 5% offered on both paid in full and per module price. Contact us for payment arrangements.
Our Yoga Alliance approved program will prepare you to teach empowering all-levels vinyasa flow classes with components on anatomy and assisting. We will build your confidence by allowing you to practice teaching in a safe and supported environment with real time coaching. You will learn to trust your intuition and see your students for who they really are.
We believe there is no right or wrong way to think about or teach yoga. You will emerge from our Yoga Alliance approved 200 Hour teacher training program as an amazing yoga teacher from a program with high job placement rates.
Our program is not easy! It is designed to challenge you and get you out of your comfort zone in a supportive environment to help you feel confident not only leading a yoga class, but potentially developing a fulfilling – and full-time – career as a yoga teacher. All hours must be completed in order to receive graduation certificate and be approved through Yoga Alliance.
“Honest Soul Yoga was the perfect place for my 200 Yoga teacher training. It was an intense program but definitely a transformative program! Every effort and experience was well worth the investment. Suzie Mills provides more than just your average teacher training program provides, specifically with individual support, guest instructors, special events, resources on and off the mat, hands on experience, assisting, mentorships, continued teacher training opportunities learning more and so much more. Most importantly, the studio welcomes you to the yoga community of experienced teachers and fellow yogi students to learn and grow together as a network of great yogi professionals. It’s a great home-town studio that offers an opportunity for change personally and to the entire community. This is a studio you want to be a part of, they are going places and doing great things every day.” – Elizabeth S., Yoga Alliance
Honest Soul Yoga has partnered with Debbie Williamson of Wild Abundant Life to offer 300/500 HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training! Wild Abundant Life will be offering the full program for our community – 8 different modules designed to expand your options as a yoga teacher and wellness professional.
300/500 HR Program Modules:
- Sep 30-Oct 2: Certified Teachers Assistant Training (Hands On Assisting)
- Nov 18-20: Yoga Personal Training Certification
- Feb 24-26, 2017: 3-Day Advanced Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
- April 21-23, 2017: Yoga as Medicine Weekend
- July 28-30, 2017: Yoga Life Coaching Certification
- July 31-Aug 6, 2017: 7-Day Transformation Retreat
Note: 7-Day Transformation Retreat is offered only in Hawaii, Wisconsin & Virginia.
300/500 HR Program Pricing:
Sign up in advance and pay in full for only $3990 (by March 29, 2016), or $4390 with an 8 month payment plan. Full price of a la carte modules is $7590, so we encourage you to commit early to get these HUGE savings.
If you have already completed one of the modules, we will deduct your payment for that module from the payment plan or pay-in-full option to get to the discounted price.
Register for 300/500 HR Program:
Go to www.wildabundantlife.com/washington-dc to download the 300/500 HR catalog for info on single modules or the full program and pricing options.
Questions? Reach out to Kellie Lin at Wild Abundant Life (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-435-8683). Kellie Lin will handle registration and payments as well as any logistics.
Our Training Center is rapidly becoming DC’s premiere location for Yoga Teacher Training! In addition to flexible 200 Hour and 300/500 Hour Teacher Training programs, Honest Soul Yoga’s Continuing Education program consists of personal development opportunities for students and teachers of yoga in a convenient and accessible location. Sample offerings include Therapy Ball Training, Kids Yoga Teacher Training, Wellness and Energy Work (Reiki), and Yoga Alliance CE opportunities for current yoga instructors looking to advance their teaching.
The majority of the 200 Hr program is led by Suzie Mills E-RYT 500. Suzie believes in preparing teacher trainees to build a career not simply teach a yoga class. Have big goals – like opening your own studio? Suzie loves teaching the business of yoga and aspects of building a career in yoga.
The 300/500 Hr program is led by Wild Abundant Life Teachers to include Debbie Williamson and Suzie Mills.
How do I apply?
For our 200 Hr program, Suzie loves to meet with each potential trainee to learn more about who you are, what your goals are and to make sure you feel comfortable with her – since you’ll be spending a lot of time with her! It’s an informational meeting with coffee or tea – at Peet’s or the studio – where you can ask any questions you might have. Don’t think of this as an interview, but a way to make sure we are the right fit for each other, which is most important when choosing a teacher training. She recommends researching ALL yoga studios in area to find the best fit for YOU!
For our 300/500 HR program, simply register for any one of the eight required modules individually, as they fit, or purchase the entire program in advance. Every one of our 300/500 hour modules exists as a stand-alone program and can be attended by anyone with interest, as well as by yoga teachers pursuing advanced 300/500 credentials.
What does 300/500 HR mean?
Any 200 Hour Program (with a Registered Yoga School) + any 300 Hour Program (with the same or a different RYS) = 500 Hours of Curriculum. Once you have registered both your 200 and 300 Hour Certifications with the Yoga Alliance (as well as taught the required number of hours), you will be prompted to upgrade from 200 to 500 in the Yoga Alliance Website.
What supplies will I need?
- Yoga Toolbox for Teachers
- Journey into Power – Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Personal Revolution – Baron Baptiste
- The Yamas and Niyamas – Deborah Adele
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga – David Keil
- 500 3×5 Note Cards with storage box
- Highlighters and Pens
- Note Tab Dividers (Binder will be provided)
What Benefits/Perks are Included in HSY’s 200 Hr Program?
Besides being part of our awesome group of teacher trainees, you get a lot!
- Three months of free UNLIMITED Yoga (consecutive months) that can be activated at any time during your program, once paid in full. Discounted Unlimited rate of $75/mo is available while enrolled in the 200 Hr program.
- Opportunity to return to any module as an assistant to Suzie – this will allow you to repeat the module, but also work behind the scenes! This is great if you want to learn more on developing programs and possibility leading programs in the future.
- We want YOU to come back to our program at any time. Suzie constantly adds new things that she learns to the program and personally invites you to repeat any 200 Hr module – UNLIMITED. Her intention with inviting you back is to continue to elevate our teaching community and keep students in the process of learning. We are always students!
- Invitation to mini-modules: throughout Teacher Training Modules, we host mini-modules that are open to any current and former members of the program. These are 1-6 hrs mini-modules on a specialty.
- Lifetime access to private Facebook Group – this is our knowledge bank where everything is stored for Teacher Training and is constantly updated. This is also a place to grow your network and connect with trainees throughout the program.
What are the requirements for graduation?
HSY’s 200 Hr Program:
In addition to completing the seven Modules, Mentorship Sessions, Practicum Requirements, there are a few other requirements that must be completed prior to graduation. More details on each will be provided during your informational meeting with Suzie.
- Design and Lead a 60 minute yoga class.
- Develop and Lead a 60 minute workshop.
- Take 40 hours of classes at any studio.
- Complete approximately 35 hours of projects and interactive assignments throughout the program.
WAL’s 300/500 HR Program:
In addition to attending Modules 1-7 and one 7-Day Transformation Retreat to become RYT 500, you will need to:
- Have completed RYS 200 HR training.
- Teach for 100 hours upon completion of 200-hour training.